Elizabeth Burke is an alumna of the internationally acclaimed North Carolina Youth Tap Ensemble, with whom she spent eleven years under the direction of her mentor, Gene Medler. She is a founding member of both Bessie Award-winning dancers Michelle Dorrance and Caleb Teicher’s companies, Dorrance Dance/New York and Caleb Teicher & Company, and also presently dances for New York -based dancers Derick Grant, Aaron Tolson, Adam Metzger (SLURP), and Xander Weinman (Reaction). She is on faculty at the American Tap Dance Foundation, and recently filmed “Nostalgia: A Tap Movie” (producer Dule Hill, director Johnnie Hobbs, III). She is honored to be a part of Jason Samuels Smith’s “Chasing The Bird.”
- Acceptance into the Tap Program at Jacob’s Pillow 2012 .
- Recipient of the Jacob’s Pillow/American Dance Guild Scholarship.
- Recipient of the Carol Richard Memorial Scholarship.
- Scholarship/honors/leadership student at Marymount Manhattan College with cumulative 3.89 GPA and membership in several national honors societies.
- Founding member of Bessie-Award winning dancers Michelle Dorrance and Caleb Teicher’s companies, DorranceDance/NY and Caleb Teicher & Company.
- Holding the longest tenure of any member of the North Carolina Youth Tap Ensemble (NCYTE director: Gene Medler) for 11 years.
- Understudying in Jason Samuels Smith’s “Chasing The Bird” at the JOYCE Soho.
FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND WHEN YOU SAY “CAPEZIO”
Teletone taps on a pair of k360s.
FAVORITE CAPEZIO ITEM
BIGGEST PIECE OF ADVICE FOR OTHER DANCERS
Don’t be afraid to take risks, but stay true to yourself.
UNUSUAL FACT/LOVE/HABIT/GOAL/ABILITY THAT PEOPLE MIGHT NOT KNOW
I am a huge UNC fan--especially men’s basketball! go heels!