I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, and moved to New York in January 2012. I began dancing at the age of three, studying tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, hip hop, and gymnastics. From age 9 to 18, I danced competitively both with my studio and high school varsity dance team. During the 2010-2011 school year I got the privilege of studying and traveling abroad. I got awesome opportunities to perform and teach dance classes to children in Kenya, Kosovo, and Macedonia.
I currently live in Manhattan and am a certificate program student at Peridance Capezio Center. I love the program, teachers, and dancers - it is a great place to be! I love dancing and aspire to perform in contemporary ballet and jazz companies, as well as teach and perform in third world nations.
- 2009: Received "Legacy" Dance Scholarship in college
- 2008: Miss Starbound - Starbound Dance Competition National solo title winner, United Spirit Association 3rd Place California State Soloist
- 2007-2008: Head Captain of Nationally Ranked Varsity Dance Team - Castro Valley High School
- 2007: DEA Miss Young Senior - Dance Educators of America Regional solo title winner
- 2003: 2nd Runner Up - California’s Miss Outstanding Teen
FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND WHEN YOU SAY “CAPEZIO"
I think, Capezio has every thing you can possibly need for dance... take your pick!
FAVORITE CAPEZIO ITEM
Tiffany pointe shoes.
BIGGEST PIECE OF ADVICE FOR OTHER DANCERS
Don't be so hard on yourself. Continue to make goals and work hard, but just remember you're not going to become a perfect dancer overnight. If you are taking a class that is above your level, don't let yourself get discouraged, and don't compare yourself to others. Being a dancer takes commitment. As you stay committed you will grow and become stronger, but it takes time! So enjoy the journey.
UNUSUAL FACT/LOVE/HABIT/GOAL/ABILITY THAT PEOPLE MIGHT NOT KNOW
My goal is to become an amazing cook!