Born and raised in Solon, Ohio, Robb owned his first pair of Capezio’s when he joined his high school’s show choir as a wee freshman. Little did he know how familiar his foot would become with this staple in the dance world. Through his college years at Syracuse University, his many regional and off-Broadway ventures as well as on the big ‘ol Broadway, Robb has come to find his toes nuzzled and his ankles and arches supported in a varying array of Capezio’s.
- 10+ professional years on the stage
- Broadway: "Wicked", "Shrek", Off-Broadway "Zanna", "Don’t!", "Happiness", "Enter Laughing", "Johnny Guitar"
- Tours and Regional: "The Lion King", "Saturday Night Fever", Paper Mill Playhouse, Goodspeed Opera House
- Television: Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, The Today Show
- Film: "Across The Universe"
FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND WHEN YOU SAY “CAPEZIO"
Tried and true.
FAVORITE CAPEZIO ITEM
Standard Oxford--classic, yet versatile.
BIGGEST PIECE OF ADVICE FOR OTHER DANCERS
Training is essential. Always aim for beyond what you think you are capable of doing. You will be surprised at what your actual abilities are.
UNUSUAL FACT/LOVE/HABIT/GOAL/ABILITY THAT PEOPLE MIGHT NOT KNOW
In addition to performing, I co-founded a creative studio, Dirty Sugar, that specializes in imaging, branding and idea development.