Tony Dovolani joined “Dancing With the Stars” in the second season and quickly became a fan a favorite. His partners have included Stacy Keibler. Jane Seymour, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Susan Lucci Melissa Rycroft, Wendy Williams and Martina Navratilova.
Tony choreographed 2012 Miss Nevada Pageant and was one of the judges for the 2011 Miss America Competition. He teamed up with fellow “Dancing with the Stars” pro Cheryl Burke to choreograph and perform a special Paso Doble for Pixar animators. The routine, danced to the Gipsy King’s Spanish take on “You've Got a Friend in Me" provided the inspiration behind a dance sequence in “Toy Story 3” featuring Buzz Lightyear and cowgirl Jessie.
Born in Prishtina, Kosova, on July 17. Tony began folk dancing at age three. He was 15 when he and his entire family moved to the United States. He attended Fred Astaire Dance Academy and knew he had found his passion. Tony has been a strong and successful competitor in the ballroom dancing world. Tony and fellow dancers Maksim and Val Chmerkovskiy are partners in the dance studios, "Come Dance with Me", in New York, New Jersey and now "Dance with Me Stamford" in Connecticut.
Tony’s professional body of work includes guest-hosting segments on “EXTRA,” “Good Morning America” and the Golf Channels “Morning Drive.” He played Latin bad boy competitor, ‘Slick Willy,’ in the hit film “Shall We Dance.” He was a dance instructor on the film and had the privilege of coaching and working with Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez.
Tony and his wife Lina are proud parents of their daughter Luana and twins, Adrian and Ariana. He is an avid golfer and enjoys hitting the links whenever his schedule allows.
- Professional dancer on ABC’s hit show “Dancing with the Stars” for 13 seasons.
- 2006 Nominated for an Emmy for outstanding choreography for "Dancing with the Stars" for episode #208 (Dance: Jive)
- 2006 PBS America's Ballroom Challenge Rhythm Champion with Elena Grinenko
- 2006 Emerald Ball Open Professional American Rhythm Champion with Elena Grinenko
- 2006 United States Open Rhythm Champion with Elena Grinenko
- 2006 World Rhythm Champion with Elena Grinenko
- 2005 Ohio Star Ball American Rhythm Champion with Elena Grinenko
- 2005 United States Open Rhythm Champion with Inna Ivanenko
- 2005 World Rhythm Champion with Inna Ivanenko
FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND WHEN YOU SAY “CAPEZIO”
The incredible history in the ballroom dance world, the company's credibility, its part of the ballroom tradition and outstanding shoes and apparel.
FAVORITE CAPEZIO ITEM
BIGGEST PIECE OF ADVICE FOR OTHER DANCERS
Take care of your feet; healthy feet, healthy dancer.
UNUSUAL FACT/LOVE/HABIT/GOAL/ABILITY THAT PEOPLE MIGHT NOT KNOW
I love to design shoes and costumes.